February 5, 2011

Rainy Saturday

I think it's safe to say the weather here in Philly has been crazy lately.  We went from thunder snow, to ice tornado warnings, to today's 40 degree rain.  I went out begrudgingly this morning to run my Saturday morning errands (laundromat, pharmacy, coffee shop- where I ordered a double espresso and then spilled it IN my purse).  It's just one of those days.  So, I've decided to hole up with a good book and not leave the house again unless absolutely necessary! 





As a side note, I figured I'd share the latest and greatest addition to my home!  A while back I picked up this fantastic terrarium/ Wardian case at a thrift store for a measly $30 (seriously, deal of a lifetime) and have been rotating different plants in and out of it.  Now housed inside are an aloe, a Drunkard's Dream, an "air plant" and an olive tree (both of which I picked up last weekend during my birthday lunch at Terrain!).  But the coup d'état is the new orchid that Evan gave me last night!  I just love how it is coming together!   I also created a shelf on the bottom out of old fabric to hold magazines. It was hard to get proper pictures of the whole thing, but you get the idea.  I've contemplated painting it; thoughts? Also, does anyone have any experience with orchids? Though I like to think I'm pretty good with plants, I'm terrified I will kill this thing...



2 comments:

  1. The orchid is BEAUTIFUL! Ice tornado - what have I been missing over there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore your new terrarium. Very lovely indeed!

    ReplyDelete